MIAMI (CBS12) — An 8-year-old girl who was shot by her father last week has died, the Sun Sentinel reported.
John Stanley Presnar, a U.S. Coast Guard serviceman based in Miami Beach, opened fire on McKenna Presnar along with his 7-year-old son and wife Dec. 16. The shooting happened at their home on SW 242 Lane near Homestead.
Authorities said the incident began as a fight between the 44-year-old father and his wife, 39-year-old Gretchen, according to the Sun Sentinel. It escalated into a shooting.
Investigators said Gretchen told her mother to run out of the house and call for help. When officers first got to the scene, Gretchen and her son were already dead.
Miami-Dade police said Presnar shot them before turning the gun on himself.
McKenna was also found shot, but still alive. Rescuers took her to Nicklaus Children’s Hospital in critical condition.
She passed away Christmas morning.
Presnar was an active member of the U.S. Coast Guard, according to a statement from the Coast Guard. He had served since 2001 and worked out of the Coast Guard Base Miami Beach as an Electronics Technician First Class.
It seems more and more these days do I read horrendous articles like this and cannot even express my remorse for the children of a dysfunctional family like this one. You never know, it could be a policeman, fireman, coast guard, doctor, lawyer. It could be your next door neighbor. In short, it’s just dysfunctional, degenerate people who cannot control themselves, period!
Many times I’ve thought about killing people, only for that thought to disappear in mili-seconds all due to my selfishness of not wanting to spend the rest of my life in jail in addition to the thought of other people who would be devastated by the particular loss of another. Right there is an example of healthy thinking. Everybody thinks of killing someone at some point. But do we dare? Of course not, because we’re not insane. It takes an insane person, someone not well to commit these types of atrocities. I’m a firm believer, a gun never killed anyone. Although, people have.
It reminds me of the crackhouse on the corner. After they bust the crack dealer, they want to label the house a crackhouse and tear it down. What the hell did the house have to do with it? If I was selling crack up in a tree, would you cut the tree down? How does this relate? Why did this mentally deranged loser kill his daughter? What could she have done to deserve that?
Husbands and wives often have serious built up hate. And they do kill each other. It happens a lot. But bringing the kids into it and killing them, what the fuck? That’s all I gotta say. I’m sorry for their loss. If there’s anything to learn about this, it’s simply too confusing for a sane person to wrap their mind around it and gain anything positive out of this story. Except, I guess to thank god our lives aren’t this pitiful and pathetic.
About The Author
- Robert Louis Annenberg Is a 40 year seasoned property owner, manager, investor, builder/developer and business man who is also an author of five published books to date (Amazon.com) and the chief editor of LifeQuestJournal.com. He can be reached at: Info@RobertAnnenberg.com and (201) 289-2500.
- #13 Chumley's Wall of Shame (My Consumer Advocacy)2019.04.24Family of Elizabeth Holmes’ fiancé worry she has ‘brainwashed’ him: source
- #16 Celebrity Gossip & Celebrity Real Estate2019.03.31Eric Clapton Grew up Thinking his Mother was his Sister
- #16 Celebrity Gossip & Celebrity Real Estate2019.03.18Mugshot of ‘Mama June’ released after drug arrest
- #16 Celebrity Gossip & Celebrity Real Estate2019.03.18Wendy Williams Revealed She’s Been Living In A Sober House And Is Recovering From Addiction